IDE oddities (was Re: Error Messages Are Evil)

Dave Kilroy dave at applicationinsight.com
Fri May 16 12:16:46 EDT 2014

Hi Devin

Sorry to be vague, didn't think I needed to say how unreliable it the menu
tool is - it has bitten me in the past and plenty of others too. What
usually happens is that you set up your menus and then when you reopen the
stack half of the entries will have vanished, or some will be disabled and
others not. It doesn't happen every time but often enough that I don't trust
it at all and I build menus by script now as I'm so fed up with it. Similar
to the Geometry Manager in that if it did what it was supposed in a reliable
fashion it would be fine (if limited) - the fact is that it and the Menu
Builder are not to be relied on (imo obviously)

<end of rant>

Dave

-----
"Some are born coders, some achieve coding, and some have coding thrust upon them." - William Shakespeare & Hugh Senior