IDE oddities (was Re: Error Messages Are Evil)

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Fri May 16 00:37:57 EDT 2014

You're right, the results aren't predictable, as you've seen, since
object-level effects are modified when compounded by an effect applied to
a containing group.  Color sometimes plays factor too.

But realistically, there aren't that many results that are useful.
Generally, I've found the structural blends are most useful for masking
objects and groups, while the imaging blends are more for color/visual
effects, like the standard Photoshop blend modes.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, UX/UI Design