IDE oddities (was Re: Error Messages Are Evil)

Charles E Buchwald charles at buchwald.ca
Thu May 15 11:57:46 EDT 2014

Mike, this is the part that I don't get about open source... yet. I guess we don't have the community structures to handle it.

I mean, I've made that (free) plugin to handle this specific problem. "lcMover" moves stacks/windows around, whether they are off-screen or not. I even added an option recently to specifically move off-screen stacks back on-screen. (Not posted quite yet... on the way.)
Isn't the whole open source idea that I could contribute some code for that to the IDE? Preferably without having to write it in C++?

Since GitHub doesn't work for this, will we eventually have designated community members to shepherd the integration of code or features like this? That is, a community mechanism for addressing "IDE oddities"?

- Charles

--
Charles E. Buchwald
CEO/Director General