IDE oddities (was Re: Error Messages Are Evil)

Mike Kerner MikeKerner at roadrunner.com
Thu May 15 11:23:15 EDT 2014

And another:
If you have your lappie hooked to two monitors at work, and you use both
monitors, and then you go home, guess what happens to windows, especially
on a Mac, where you are using multiple workspaces?  That's right, the
windows, even the LC development windows, are off-screen somewhere at
3750,150, and your only hope of getting them back is to figure out what the
name of the development window is (say, the message box, or a properties
palette, or maybe the script editor" and then going to the message box and
moving it manually.

The good news with most of the things that we complain about is that
because you can modify LC from within LC, you can fix these things
yourself.  The bad news is that when you run into these sorts of things,
there isn't an uproar from the community that puts pressure on Edinburgh to
drop refactoring the engine to fix something.

HOWEVER, I think I'd take it this way, because this way, there is an
economic motive for some author to release a tool that does something
better than LC does, or is ready before LC might make it a priority.  Yes,
it costs money to purchase those tools, but it makes the ecosystem better,
even though the IDE isn't better.

   and did a little diving.
And God said, "This is good."