Animation Engine: animating points in a polygon?

Malte Brill revolution at derbrill.de
Wed May 14 07:00:07 EDT 2014

Hey David,

the easing functions are your friend here. I am currently travelling, however I will make sure that I set up a little demo as soon as I am back.

To get you started, looking at aeEaseInOut

put aeEaseInOut(100,200,2000,500,2)

where 100 would be the x coordinate of the point at start of the animation,200 the desired end coordinate, 2000 the duration of the animation in millisecs, 500 the elapsed time in millisecs and 2 a parameter the formula needs to determine how "strong" the easing effect is taken into account. the result is a single value (112.5 in this case), so that would be where the x coordinate of the point would need to be after 500 millisecs have passed. This may sound a tad bit confusing now, however as soon as I am back home I will set up a demo stack (and maybe add something to AE that handles pointlist transformation over time ;-) )

Best,

Malte