[OFF] Cool Plugins

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Sat May 10 14:47:40 EDT 2014

On 10/05/14 21:41, Vaughn Clement wrote:
> Hi
>
> I was talking to a senior developer today in the UK, and it is clear that
> this email "How To" is good, but it would be much better if it was a
> subject based forum that can be searched for answers. I know that RunRev
> has a forum for this purpose and it could serve this purpose. The question
> is it could be made even better if one of the main forum groups could
> include only stacks, and locations of technical subjects related to design
> and development?
>
> Thank you
>
> Vaughn Clement

One of the snags of the existing forum is that it has extremely mean
size limits on files
that can be uploaded to it; so, in my own case, I have to keep giving
links to externally stored stacks
(paradoxically also saved on a RunRev server). Now as individual's
websites and storage facilities
come and go, the ability to store files larger than quarter of a
MegaByte (wow, I can get two of them
on a double-sided floppy disc) is very important.

Obviously, if storage possibilities were raised there would have to be
someone who trawled the files once
in a while to weed out the chaff so the site didn't collapse under its
own weight.

Richmond.