Numbering of lines in a field

Charles Szasz cszasz at me.com
Sat May 3 10:04:41 EDT 2014

Andrew,

Thanks for your script suggestion!  I have a few lines that have tabs. When I included your suggestion in my script, I get the following below:

CHC Accommodations:
1. Stress the following factors, when designing instructional activities:

	(a) Use vocabulary that the student understands.
	(b) Use clear, concise language.
	(c) Allow time for the student to process information, by providing pauses between key information or concepts.
	(d) Keep sentences relatively short, and refrain from using complex sentence structure.
	(e) Check often for understanding.
1. Encourage the student to ask questions, or request clarification, when understanding is lacking.

2. Allow the student to consult with a peer helper, to assist with retention of information.

Which presents another problem. What change would I need so that the numbering of lines continues sequentially after lines that only have tabs (see below)?

CHC Accommodations:
1. Stress the following factors, when designing instructional activities:

	(a) Use vocabulary that the student understands.
	(b) Use clear, concise language.
	(c) Allow time for the student to process information, by providing pauses between key information or concepts.
	(d) Keep sentences relatively short, and refrain from using complex sentence structure.
	(e) Check often for understanding.
2. Encourage the student to ask questions, or request clarification, when understanding is lacking.

3. Allow the student to consult with a peer helper, to assist with retention of information.

Charles Szasz
cszasz at mac.com