User Guide and Dictionary and Personal Notes

larry at significantplanet.org larry at significantplanet.org
Thu May 1 14:40:31 EDT 2014

Hello Richard,
Yes, I have read the entire User Guide. But I cannot remember everything
I've read.
When programming, I mostly look in the Dictionary for finding how to do
things.
It is my STRONG opinion that LC should make the Dictionary editable for each
user.  In other words, I should be able to add my own notes to MY
Dictionary, whether I type those notes in directly, or copy/paste them from
these emails in the user list or from the User Guide.  Then I would have MY
PERSONAL notes all in one handy place - my personal copy of the Dictionary.
That feature would be VERY helpful to me and I suspect to other LC
programmers as well.
Of course I would want to port that Dictionary to future versions of LC.
Thanks for listening,
Larry
P.S. It is pretty much impossible for ANY User Guide/Dictionary to be
"complete" because there are too many different scenarios in programming to
cover every possible contingency.  That is precisely why being able to add
PERSONAL NOTES would be so helpful.