wait with messages

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Thu May 1 13:10:55 EDT 2014

Hi Larry:

This is probably a situation where wait with messages will not work.  If
you want to cancel sound 2 independently of sound 1, the second sound
needs to have its own play message so it can be canceled separately.  This
is why I originally suggested the possibility of using a loop script or
similar.

You might try something like this (watch line wrap):

# PLAY SOUND 1
on openStack
   play ac "sound1.wav"
   send "playBack2" to me in 8 seconds
end openStack

# PLAY SOUND 2
command playBack2
   play ac "sound2.wav" looping
end playBack2

# CANCEL PLAYBACK OF SOUND 2
# BEFORE OR AFTER PLAYBACK HAS STARTED
command cancelPlayBack2
   cancel item 1 of line lineOffset("playBack2",pendingMessages()) of
pendingMessages()
   play stop
end cancelPlayBack2

Now, any control that user can press to cancel the playback of sound 2
needs to include a call to the above "cancelPlayBack2" command in its
script.  Note that this will also stop playback of any imported sound due
to the "play stop".

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director