Dialog freezes app on Windows after sleep

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sun Mar 30 22:15:43 EDT 2014

On 3/30/14, 4:01 PM, larry at significantplanet.org wrote:
> If I install 6.1.2 and do not like it, will I have any issues going back
> to 6.1.1?

No, it should work fine. The file format is the same. The only time
reverting would cause a problem is if there is a different file format
and you don't save the stack in the older one. Version 7 changes the
file format, for example, and if you save in that format then 6.x can't
open the stack. However, all versions allow you to save in an older
format via a popdown menu in the save dialog.

If scripts use new syntax and you revert to an earlier version, of
course you'll get errors, but the stack will still open if it has been
saved in the correct format.

File formats rarely change. The changes have occured at versions 2.4,
2.7, 5.5, and now 7.0. All later versions can open any earlier stacks.
Changing the file format is only done when necessary to include new
features.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com