Advice of cheap/free online server

Earthednet-wp prothero at earthednet.org
Sun Mar 30 01:58:16 EDT 2014

Nakia,
On the Mac, which is the only system I've tried it on, you get a ready to go installation. You can set it to have a different port and local host IP address, so you don't need a domain name. The setup tells you how to do this. I also have an installation on a separate server that I can access remotely, but for testing, it's most convenient on my local development machine. The WAMP version probably is different in many details, but on the Mac, it's ridiculously easy to set up. I created a pretty hairy php code with a debugger, breakpoints and all, where I wanted to tie into a drupal login system to verify a user for a separate application. And I'm pretty crappy with php. I think, if you just jump in and try it, you will be happy, but then it's windows, so.....

I'd be interested in hearing how the windows installation goes.
Best,
Bill

William Prothero
http://es.earthednet.org