debugger gone wild in 6.6

larry at significantplanet.org larry at significantplanet.org
Fri Mar 28 12:25:08 EDT 2014

To further explain:  I'm using 6.1.1 (rc 4) and I just had this happen for
the upteenth time:
I open the Application Browser and click on a radio button that is part of a
group, because I want to open the script of that button.  LC opens the
script of some other random object (no kidding!) and I have to shut down LC
and reopen my project and then LC will open the right script.  Of course, I
am SURE, I am the only person who has ever experienced this type of behavior
within LC.  I could mention about 5 or 6 other types of weird LC behavior,
but what is the point?

In the meantime, I can pretty much get what I need done with 6.1.1.  I don't
have hours upon hours of time to help LC debug their software.  The thing
that scrares me the most is that I'm going to invest all this time into my
project and then one day find out there is a bug in LC that I can't work
around.

While I very much appreciate the help I've received from this group and from
Heather at LC, it just seems that too many LC people are more interested in
defending it (like a mother whose child never makes a mistake) instead of
really addressing some of the serious issues that LC needs to overcome to
truly take it's place in the programming world.  All the energy used up for
"patting ourselves on the back" could be directed toward resolving what I
consider to be major flaws in DESIGN.  As just one example, you can't have a
truly great Project Browser until you first have a truly great design for
the Project Browser - and in my opinion the design is seriously faulty.

I'm not bashing LC.  I am a person who has never taken a programming class
and LC allows me to do some amazing things.  I told Jacqueline years ago
that LC is like a beautiful woman, but then when you get around her you find
out she smokes like a train and farts a lot.  I'm just hoping she'll at
least stop farting so much.