Quitting a Standalone Problem

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Thu Mar 27 05:26:41 EDT 2014

Hi Charles,

No, I don't think the "bug" was solved. The bug you're referring ro is
probably that the engine stays running in memory after closing all stacks.

This is my standard script:

on quitThisApp
    lock messages
    -- MySql
    --  put revOpenDatabases() into myDatabases
    --  repeat for each item myBase in myDatabases
    --    revCloseDatabase myBase
    --  end repeat
    -- stop using stacks
    put the stacksInUse into myStacks
    repeat for each line myStack in myStacks
       stop using stack myStack
    end repeat
    -- stacks
    put the openStacks into myStacks
    put "message box,home,tool,Message Box,revTools,revMenubar" \
      & comma & the short name of me into myDontClose
    repeat for each line myStack in myStacks
       if myStack is not among the items of myDontClose then
         close stack myStack
       end if
    end repeat
    -- messages
    put the pendingmessages into myMsgs
    repeat for each line myMsg in myMsgs
       cancel item 1 of myMsg
    end repeat
    set the backdrop to none
    if the platform is "Win32" then close me
    if the environment is not "development" then
       quit
    end if
end quitThisApp

You need to adjust this to your own needs. E.g. uncomment the database
part or replace that by code for SQLite etc. You may want to alter the
list of stacks that stay open.

The script should close all stacks and quit properly. It should also
prevent crashes.

--
Best regards,

Mark Schonewille