best/fastest way to tell if a field contains unicode text?

Geoff Canyon gcanyon at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 11:37:07 EDT 2014

Sorry for the delayed response. My point wasn't to start an Apple vs. MS
war, it was simply to illustrate a clear ill that plagues MS non-stop:
overwhelming backwards compatibility. Specifically:

"somebody, somewhere, might be depending on the fact that it interprets the
number modulo 256"

My point is that we will *all* suffer with poor, confusing syntax,
*forever*, so that hypothetical person doesn't have to fix their use of
numToChar.

One of the main advantages of Livecode is the natural syntax. Sacrificing
that to backwards compatibility is a poor trade-off.

gc