7.0 Issues

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Mon Mar 24 11:31:47 EDT 2014

Mats-

Monday, March 24, 2014, 5:13:15 AM, you wrote:

> For my plugins I'm leaning towards your use of a plain txt, written
> in a format that could easily be read and edited. I think pref files
> should be "plain English LiveCode" wherever possible.

Not sure about "English", but key:value pairs are my choice.

> I also think there is need to save multi-level array data to pref files.
> Not sure what would be best approach for that though. I've done
> some very basic testing and there seems to be very little difference
> in size between using arrayEncode to save as a bin string and
> parsing the array to save as a plain text that could be read and edited.
> Any thoughts here?

JSON? I usually lean in favor or human-readable vs machine-readable
formats, but probably what matters is just something that works for
you.

--
-Mark Wieder
 ahsoftware at gmail.com

This communication may be unlawfully collected and stored by the National
Security Agency (NSA) in secret. The parties to this email do not
consent to the retrieving or storing of this communication and any
related metadata, as well as printing, copying, re-transmitting,
disseminating, or otherwise using it. If you believe you have received
this communication in error, please delete it immediately.