set stack rect in startup handler

Martin Baxter mblivecode at harbourhosting.co.uk
Mon Mar 24 10:21:44 EDT 2014

This:

on startup
  set the rect of this stack to "100,100,300,300"
end startup

Does not seem to work in version 6.6 (at least for me, on Linux)

Obviously the idea is to set the initial position of an application window.

What happens is that the window is correctly sized to 200 * 200 px, but
the specified position on screen is not honoured. The stack window may
open centered or displaced by whatever other windows are already open.
Setting the loc doesn't seem to work either.

This worked for me in 6.5.2 and earlier.

I'm thinking this is a bug, does anyone else have any insight on this?

Martin