7.0 Issues

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Sun Mar 23 21:40:38 EDT 2014

Scott-

Sunday, March 23, 2014, 4:35:50 PM, you wrote:

> It would be a bit of a chore to have to include a separate "default prefs"
> file with each plugin, but I imagine one could write a "first launch"
> script as part of their plugin's startup that checks to see if its
> configuration stuff is where it should be, and if not, writes a new file.

I like this. Or at least a version of this:

In the IDE on first launch (i.e., there's a new plugin in the plugins
folder but there's no corresponding entry in the prefs file:

The load handler in the IDE would check the plugin for a cREVLoadInfo
preference (this would previously have been taken care of on the
plugin developer's machine through a variation of the existing Plugin
Settings system). If it's there then the IDE sets an entry in the
prefs file. If not the IDE creates a default entry for the plugin in
the prefs file *and doesn't set custom prefs in the plugin*.

Thereafter on each launch of the IDE the prefs are read from the prefs
file, and the custom prefs in the plugin are ignored.

There should be an option in the Plugin Settings dialog to reset the
plugin's settings to the plugin default, and preference settings for
plugins that are no longer in the plugins folder are ignored.

This also enables the plugin stack names to be retrieved from the
plugin preferences file after their initial instantiation.

Did I miss anything?

--
-Mark Wieder
 ahsoftware at gmail.com

This communication may be unlawfully collected and stored by the National
Security Agency (NSA) in secret. The parties to this email do not
consent to the retrieving or storing of this communication and any
related metadata, as well as printing, copying, re-transmitting,
disseminating, or otherwise using it. If you believe you have received
this communication in error, please delete it immediately.