7.0 Issues

Peter Haworth pete at lcsql.com
Sun Mar 23 16:11:41 EDT 2014

On Sun, Mar 23, 2014 at 12:22 PM, J. Landman Gay
<jacque at hyperactivesw.com>wrote:

> That's an iffy explanation for what I meant. Version 2.6.1 was the last
> release before 2.7. What they're trying to say is that version 2.7 changed
> the file format and if you save in 2.7 then version 2.6.1 won't open it any
> more. Back then, the only other file format was the 2.4 earlier one, which
> all files created prior to 2.7 were using.
>
> It's easier to think of it in the other direction: the numbers are the
> changeover version of the file format, and engines earlier than that number
> won't open files saved in later versions.
>
> And yeah, the entry apparently hasn't been updated since 2.7 when the
> "stackFileVersion" syntax was introduced. We've had 5.5 since then and now
> 7.0. Same rules apply though.

Yeah, I get it now, it just seems an awkward way to express it.

I still think it would help if the "Livecode stack" format in the dropdown
menu of the Save dialog included the stack file version like the "Legacy
stack" entries do.

Pete
lcSQL Software <http://www.lcsql.com>