7.0 Issues

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sun Mar 23 15:23:18 EDT 2014

Peter Haworth wrote:

> Hi Mark,
> Sure, that's fine for my custom properties.  I was meaning the cREVLoadInfo
> properties that are set when you select the "Plugin Settings" item from the
> Development menu Plugins item.  I'm pretty sure changing any of them
> results in a save of the stack since LC has to know whether, eg, to launch
> the stack on startup.

This is a tough challenge.

For v7 I've made a separate copy of my Plugins folder, and thankfully
the team had for foresight to maintain a separate Prefs file, so that
works for now.

For the long term, should plugin settings be stored separately from the
plugin itself, so that the plugin isn't modified?

This raises many question. Desirable, but not simple.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World