7.0 Issues

BNig bernd.niggemann at uni-wh.de
Sat Mar 22 14:58:33 EDT 2014

BNig wrote
> I noticed that plug-ins in 5.5 format save in 7.0 format when opened in
> 7.0 and the plug-in is saved.
> This happens in spite of the the preference to save in legacy format.

Upon further inspections this seems due to the fact that if one issues a
"save this stack" on "closeStack" it circumvents the preferences to save in
legacy format.
That does affect e.g. plug-ins that save their state to themselves, as
lcStackBrowser does. And this will probably affect stacks that have their
"destroyStack" property set to true AND do a save on closeStack.

I don't know if this is a bug. But it surely makes the use of plug-ins that
save themselves a one way thing if one wants to test 7.0 DP1 alongside of
using older versions of Livecode.
A workaround would be to set the stackFileVersion to 5.5. in the affected
stacks, but that does not work for protected stacks.

Kind regards
Bernd