7.0 Issues

Fraser Gordon fraser.gordon at runrev.com
Fri Mar 21 18:11:29 EDT 2014

On 21/03/2014 21:03, Richmond wrote:
> By the way; Korean (among other writing systems) seems to have been
> overlooked: it is often written vertically: i.e. Top to Bottom, Right
> to Left.

Not overlooked so much as not really possible to retro-fit into the
current implementation of fields (unlike RTL, which has been messy
enough in getting working!). Chinese, at least, is usable in LTR and RTL
directions; I'm not sure about the other two. It would definitely be
nice to support TTB (and BTT, for symmetry) but we've too many other
things on our collective plate at the moment. There's also
boustrophedon, for those feeling a pressing need to write ancient Greek
(I suspect this would actually be easier than TTB or BTT!)

If I'm not careful, we might end up with Tex re-implemented inside the
LiveCode engine. Unfortunately, I very much doubt I could live up to
Donald Knuth!

Regards,
Fraser