7.0 Issues

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Fri Mar 21 17:03:33 EDT 2014

On 21/03/14 22:52, Fraser Gordon wrote:
> On 21/03/2014 20:25, Peter Haworth wrote:
>> Also, the new cursorMovement and textDirection properties do not have
>> dictionary entries.
> They are not documented because RTL is still an experimental feature and
> they will almost certainly change before the final release - we don't
> want anyone relying on their current behaviour just to find out things
> will be different in a later DP. Well done for spotting them though -
> having a bug in the bug tracker will definitely make sure we remember to
> add documentation when the feature becomes more stable!
>
> Regards,
> Fraser

By the way; Korean (among other writing systems) seems to have been
overlooked: it is often written vertically: i.e. Top to Bottom, Right to
Left.

Other significant writing systems sometimes written Top to Bottom:

Chinese [Top to Bottom, Right to Left],
Mongolian (when written in Khitan small) [Top to Bottom, and Left to Right].

If Livecode aims to be really universal it needs to accommodate these
possibilities.

Richmond.