RELEASE: LiveCode 6.6

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 15:24:45 EDT 2014

On 20/03/14 21:04, Peter Alcibiades wrote:
> Debian Jessie running Fluxbox.  The updater starts, downloads, then seems to
> fail to either update or put a new version into /opt/rev.  Tried twice.
> Also the updater loses all its text.  I guess maybe update does not work and
> one has to install from scratch?
>
> Thinking of moving to i3 based on Carla Schroder's endorsement, but hate to
> think what that might do to LC!
>
> Al

Something went wrong between 'rc-2' and 'stable'

as the 'Custom' install option will not allow you to
type in a path by hand you cannot install to
/home/yourname/.runrev/components.

If it is installed in /opt/runrev/ hacks applied to it don't "stick".

If one installs in in this sort of directory: /home/yourname/RR660/

one can apply hacks to it, but it does not appear in menus.

Richmond.