Problem with setting htmlText of field to empty in LiveCode 6.6 RC2

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Wed Mar 19 15:24:18 EDT 2014

browser will still render the HTML as empty. Of course there are tons of
tags will accomplish the same.

And if the HTMLtext is limited to a field, then the field is essentially
the entire document.  The HTML isn't describing the content of a stack,
just the field's content.

Both <p></p> and no text at all both count as empty when it comes to
*viewing* HTML.  So it would seem both are valid as far as HTML is
concerned.  But the two situations are different when it comes to code.

BTW, I'm not proposing LiveCode *should* return <p></p> as a default for
empty HTML text, but I think it should be allowed to do so.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, UX/UI Design