6.6 RC2 Release

Warren Samples warren at warrensweb.us
Wed Mar 19 13:00:51 EDT 2014

On 03/19/2014 03:13 AM, Richmond wrote:

> I'm sorry, but I am not going to take responsibility for your decision
> to read the Use-List using a mobile device.
>
> LOL.
>
> Richmond.
>
> <everything from here on down has been removed to save mobile users
> 'pain' and to decontextualise the posting>

I don't know that there's any need to be so snarky. It's a fairly common
request in mailing lists that care be taken to avoid quoting unnecessary
text in replies, and it doesn't just annoy people on small screen devices.

If only we can get people to stop nesting responses within quoted text,
which can make for dizziness after a couple of rounds of replies. Of
course, that's one of your favorite techniques... (Yes, I understand the
logic, but it only really works for the first reply or two which makes
it seem to me to be an arrogant strategy. I know this has been discussed
here before, and I also see the problem is getting worse.)

Warren