LC Commercial Update

larry at significantplanet.org larry at significantplanet.org
Tue Mar 18 18:42:15 EDT 2014

I agree with Cal.

It doesn't do any good to update to a new full of bugs IDE and waste time programming. Backing up stacks is not the issue. (why even bother to point that out??  Duh!  Everyone is going to be backing up all the time!!)   It's wasting time coding in the IDE and only after compiling finding out that certain things don't work properly.

Call me old fashioned and stodgy but I'm still using LC 5.5.5 to do what I
want to do. No doubt I will upgrade when LC 7.0 comes about, if it meets my
needs.

But, while I continue to use what I consider to be a fairly stable IDE I don
t wish to be bothered each time I start up by that annoying message that
there is a new "interim" update available.

Finally, the question:
Is there a switch I can set that will stop that startup message from
notifying me something I don't want or need to know?

Cal