Famous at last, though not in the best way

Mike Kerner MikeKerner at roadrunner.com
Mon Mar 17 11:34:46 EDT 2014

I disagree - this is the best way.  Nothing says "badass" like having
hackers blast out something that Kaspersky can then throw down for all to
see.

HOWEVER, they mention that the source was encrypted because the developer
was using the pro version so
1) More needs to be done in the pro version to protect source and
2) A Pro user wrote this.  One would think it would then be possible to
figure out who that was, and I assume, since we have both the source and
the encrypted code, it should be straightforward to determine what the key
was, and then there's the whole thing about them asking for help along the
way while they were working on this project.
3) It might be nice if some day my code was ACTUALLY compiled, not just
encrypted, and then tossed through the interpreter, especially if we want
the tool to be used by more than just script kiddies, because script
kiddies will take this and run with it.

On Mon, Mar 17, 2014 at 10:32 AM, Richard Gaskin <ambassador at fourthworld.com