Crowd Funding Enhancements

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Sat Mar 15 11:59:45 EDT 2014

On 15/03/14 17:50, Dr. Hawkins wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 10, 2014 at 7:15 PM, J. Landman Gay <jacque at hyperactivesw.com>wrote:
>
>> That'd be nice. And as long as we're dreaming, how about:
>>
>>   repeat for each card c in this stack
>>   repeat for each button b of this card
>>
> I had to do that for myself way back in hypercard . . . it was absolutely
> necessary for what I was doing, and I've never understood why it wasn't
> part of the language.

Why not just have a script something like this:

put 1 into KARD
repeat until exists(card KARD) = false
-- do whatever you want on card KARD
put (KARD + 1) into KARD
end repeat

I have just tested this on a 50 card stack which has a button on the
first card
with this fairly trivial script:

on mouseUp
    put 1 into KARD
repeat until exists(card KARD) = false
  set the backgroundColor of card KARD to blue
put (KARD + 1) into KARD
end repeat
end mouseUp

so, quite frankly: "repeat for each card c in this stack"

doesn't seem worth bothering about.

AND, presumably, as cannot be bothered to try this out;

"repeat for each button b of this card"

can be handled in a similar way.

Surely, there are more interesting enhancements we could ask for?

Richmond.