OSX/Windows issue

Peter Haworth pete at lcsql.com
Thu Mar 13 19:58:26 EDT 2014

I have a stack, developed on OSX, that tests which version of LC I'm
running under and if v6 or later, executes a relayer command.  If less than
v6, some other commands are executed instead since the relayer command
doesn't exist prior to v6.

This has all compiled and worked fine on OSX, even when compiling under
versions prior to v6, and the correct code is executed when running under
either V6 or v5.5.4.

However, I just moved the same stack to a Windows box for some final
testing and as soon as the stack starts up under an LC version prior to v6,
I get a script error window indicating an issue with the relayer command.

I should add that the code in question shouldn't even be executing during
startup and that the script error window includes the heading "error while
compiling".

Why is any compiling happening at that point?  Even if there is a good
reason for it, why does this situation cause a compilation error on Windows
but not on OSX?

Thanks for any insights.

Pete
lcSQL Software <http://www.lcsql.com>