Setting up an Option Menu Button

Terence Heaford t.heaford at btinternet.com
Thu Mar 13 13:45:00 EDT 2014

Just playing around trying different options and I thin it may be as simple as:

on openCard
           put revDataFromQuery(tab, return, the uDB of stack "THFinancials", "select categoryName from 'categoryList' order by categoryName asc") into tCatNames
           set the text of cd btn "CategoryMenu" to tCatNames
           set the menuHistory of cd btn "CategoryMenu" to 1
           send "menuPick " & line 1 of tCatNames to cd btn "CategoryMenu"
end openCard

Ensuring that you set the menuHistory BEFORE send “menuPick”.

My wife's on my back, as we are going out soon but on first try I think this is it.

If it is a note in the Docs would be a good thing.

All the best

Terry