Any way to create a Mac LC background app?

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Wed Mar 12 17:10:07 EDT 2014

On Mar 12, 2014, at 1:52 PM, Richard Miller <wow at together.net>
 wrote:

> Is there any way for a LC app to run in the background on a Mac, so the user won't see it listed when they cycle through their open programs? I know how to make it invisible, but it still shows up when you Apple Key-Tab through running apps.

Richard,

You have to edit the info.plist file for the app and insert a LSUIElement key:

This creates a faceless application (one that doesn't appear in Force Quit list or in the Dock):

<key> LSUIElement </key>
<string>1</string>

See http://cocoadev.com/LSUIElement

I haven't used it for a few years, but I assume it still works.

Devin

Devin Asay
Learn to code with LiveCode University
http://university.livecode.com