Linux 64 Bit builds

Fraser Gordon fraser.gordon at runrev.com
Wed Mar 12 12:48:47 EDT 2014

On 12 Mar 2014, at 16:28, Richard Gaskin <ambassador at fourthworld.com> wrote:

> I believe Mark Weider has already successfully built a 64-bit compile of the Linux engine - Mark, is that correct?

He's done a lot of work getting it running and it has been merged in to our GitHub repo.

> What's required to make that a part of the release process going forward?

The release of 7.0 ;)

The intention is to start supporting 64-bit Linux with version 7.0 of LiveCode but this depends on us finding a suitable distro to build against. As with 32-bit Linux, we need to find a distribution that will allow is to produce builds that work well on the majority of Linux distributions.

Stay tuned for updates.

Regards,
Fraser