how to convert .csv to .xlsx with LC without Excel installed? (SpreadLib)

Curry Kenworthy curry at pair.com
Mon Mar 10 12:51:30 EDT 2014

I talked to Matthias offlist but posting it here in case anyone else
needs it:

SpreadLib 0.2001 already had a rudimentary implementation of the export
feature. See the "Export" section of the documentation file for details.

http://curryk.com/Spreadlib02001.zip

Export will be much improved in the upcoming release - we're also
working on progress callbacks and big whopping files.

SpreadLib is 100% LiveCode driven and does not require Excel to be
installed. It's the original and genuine extension for native Excel
format import in LiveCode. See the above link for download.

It imports Excel files to LiveCode fields or arrays, and it has an
extremely flexible option for any kind of array structure you desire. I
also recommend rGrid as a nice alternative way to display.

A WordLib update for the older legacy .doc format is also in the works.
WordLib is likewise based on native import through LiveCode scripting
goodness, no Word required, Mobile friendly.

Those who purchased the Bundle (and maybe those who purchased non
Bundle) will be receiving an email about WordLib soon with some extra
info, and I've made a Quick Start video too. All videos are at this channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/currykconsulting

(I'm going to try to start monitoring and posting more on this list
again soon. Hopefully! For a while unfortunately I was forced to
prioritize work over list presence. So I aim to be a more active
presence here again this year if I can. Meanwhile, always feel free to
write me directly if I don't see a list topic, or BCC me to a list
posting if you want to ensure that I know about it. Thanks!)

Best wishes,

Curry Kenworthy
--
WordLib: Import MS Word and OpenOffice documents
http://curryk.com/wordlib.html

WordReport: Template-driven MS Word and OpenOffice reports,
from invoices and worksheets to catalogs and mail merge
http://curryk.com/wordreport.html