Word clouds in LC

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Sun Mar 9 17:25:55 EDT 2014

On 09/03/14 23:13, Terry Judd wrote:
> Has anyone done a word cloud implementation in LC that they'd be willing to share? I got as far as creating a field in which the words were randomized and sized according to their frequency but I was looking for something that packed/arranged individual words (single orientation) and that looks quite tricky.
>
> Terry...
>
> Dr Terry Judd
> Senior Lecturer in Medical Education
> Medical Education Unit
> Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry & Health Sciences
> The University of Melbourne

Why do I think that would be quite a difficult thing to do?

Lots of different size snippets of text, differently coloured,
and at differing angles.

Do you mean a stack to make a word cloud from the text drawn from a website
like this:
https://www.jasondavies.com/wordcloud/#http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bbc.com%2Fnews%2F

or a stack to generate a word cloud from text imported or entered into a
text field?

Certainly, I should have thought the latter would be considerably easier.

Very attractive as they are, I cannot quite see the point of them.

Richmond.