Cocoa

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Sun Mar 9 10:10:22 EDT 2014

On 09/03/14 15:52, Terence Heaford wrote:
> <snip>
>
> If this is the case I do not consider LC as being ported to Cocoa and consider my minimal contribution to the Kickstarter campaign as wasted.

<snip>

That strikes me as a bit odd.

We all have our pet hates, pet likes and pet improvements we would like
to see implemented when it comes to Livecode.

[My pet 'thing' is how Windows post XP "shoves its nose into LC" and
forces it to use Windows system fonts in Unicode fields]

But I did not contribute my bit to the Kickstarter campaign just to
improve my particular 'bit'; I am not that
selfish.

So far I see no sign of RunRev doing anything about my 'bit'; that does
not make me regret my contribution at all, because
I know very well that my contribution goes towards making LC better all
round, and am sure that my 'bit' will be sorted out,
eventually, when the good folk in Edinburgh get down to the bottom of my
very long list of things, that in the great scheme of things,
have higher priority than my selfish little 'bit' (which, considering
how obscure it is, probably doesn't fuss anybody else at all).

-----------------

If I give some money to one of the gypsy ladies who clean the road
outside my house (they, poor women, are horribly
underpaid) I don't give it to them with a load of strictures on how they
spend it; I am sure they will spend it on coffee and cigarettes
to make their long and fairly depressing day a bit more cheery. Who am I
to tell them that I would far rather they
didn't spend it on cigarettes, but on apples instead?

And why is Cocoa so urgent anyway?

Livecode works as it is right now; so the Kickstarter money is to
finance it expanding its capabilities in such ways as
proper vector image treatment, full Unicode compliance, and so forth;
and I would have thought that Cocoa code was
rather less important.

Just my five quid's worth.

Richmond.