Using Mobile Pick Lists in the IDE

Ralph DiMola rdimola at evergreeninfo.net
Sat Mar 8 13:25:34 EST 2014

Just use PickList as you would MobilePick and a list of options are
presented when in the IDE (or desktop app for that matter)It's simple and
dirty but let's you easily work on mobile apps in the IDE.
I love LC for making things like this so easy.

command PickList , tList , tInitialIndex , tPickOptions  -- Use PickList as
you would mobilepick

   if Dev() then
      Devpicklist tList
      return the result
   else
      mobilepick tList , tInitialIndex , tPickOptions
      return the result
   end if

end PickList

command DevPickList pList -- Development version of mobilepick
   local tIndex

   repeat with tIndex = 1 to the number of lines in plist
      put tIndex & "==>" before line tIndex of pList
    end repeat

   ask pList
   put it into tIndex
   if (tindex is not a number) or (tindex < 0) or (tIndex is empty) then put
0 into tindex
   if tIndex > the number of lines in pList then return 1
   return tIndex

end DevPickList

function dev -- Thanks to Jacqueline Landman Gay @ HyperActive Software for
this one.