good practise for debugging PHP called from LC?

Tiemo Hollmann TB toolbook at kestner.de
Fri Mar 7 03:39:41 EST 2014

Hi,

When calling PHP from LC, what is a good practice for debugging the PHP?

I know, there are some PHP development tools with debugging features, when
using PHP with HTML output. But if you call a PHP with some parameters from
LC and return results to LC, how do you debug the PHP part?

Up to now, my simple approach is to set echos with the wanted variables to
see what is going on at a certain step. But that's just like setting a put
in LC and is sometimes really cumbersome, if you don't know, where the
problem is located.

I am not very strong in PHP, so perhaps any basic advices?

Thanks

Tiemo