Metacard 2.4

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sun Mar 2 14:52:08 EST 2014

On 3/2/14, 1:32 PM, Richmond wrote:
> I wonder if anyone could send me the IDE files for Metacard 2.4;
> this is because on the CanelaSoft site all the engines and the IDE are
> for MC 2.4.1 except the Linux PPC engine, and as a result the
> thing won't work on Ubuntu 12.04 PPC because of a mismatch between the
> engine (2.4.0)
> and the IDE stacks ( mchome.mc, mctools.mc, and so on: 2.4.1).

Comment out the openStack handler in the first card of the home stack.
Add these:

on startup
   if the version >="2.7" then
     start using stack "mctools.mc"
     if the platform <> "MacOS" then
       open stack "mctools.mc"
     end if
     set the defaultStack to "Home"
     reset cursors
   end if
   pass startup
end startup

on preOpenStack
   set the lookandfeel to "Appearance Manager"
   put "MetaCard" && the version && the platform && "engine"\
       & cr & "Copyright © 2001 MetaCard Corporation" \
       & cr & "All Rights Reserved" into field "Copyright"
   repeat for each line l in the customKeys["preferences"] of this stack
     if the number of words in l is 1
     then do "set the" && l && "to the preferences[" & quote & l & quote
& "] of this stack"
   end repeat
   if the platform is "MacOS"
   then set the name of button 1 to "Tools"
   else set the name of button 1 to "Menu Bar"
   send "preOpenStack" to card 1 of stack "MetaCard Menu Bar"
end preOpenStack

Do a save from the message box.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com