Launch URL to run Windows program using command line switches

Bill Vlahos bvlahos at mac.com
Mon Jun 30 22:03:25 EDT 2014

Skip,

This is great. I’ve been struggling with this for a couple of weeks now without success.

This works for me when I point to a .exe file but not if I point to a link file (.lnk) such as in the Start Menu folder. The reason I want to use the .lnk file in Start Menu is that the actual application may be installed in a number of locations (Program Files, Program Files (x86), file server, etc.) but there is always a .lnk file in the Start Menu when the application is installed.

The cmd window in Windows7 supports command line options for .lnk files so I wonder if this is a LiveCode limitation of the launch command.

Thanks for the timely posting.

Bill Vlahos