popUp a button with itself on modified mouseDown?

Mike Bonner bonnmike at gmail.com
Mon Jun 30 19:30:12 EDT 2014

>From your example above, you're having the button try to pop itself up.
Thats the only case where you probably don't want to manually "popup
button.."

The key is to check the conditions, have other popup buttons with your
context menus set up, and if the conditions are met, then popup button
"whatever" to make the alternate appear.  If no conditions are met, just
pass mousedown instead and the menu of the current button will popup.  The
main problem with this method (at least as tested on my windows machine) is
that if you popup a secondary button menu, the hilite of the main button
can go funky, so you'd have to handle the hilited of the button in your
code.

To test, I set up two buttons, as someone else posted I was just checking
for button 3 (rt click) and if it was right clicked, pop up the alternate
menu, else just pass mousedown and the main buttons menu shows up.

Another option would be to have a loop checking conditions.. (like checking
what keys are down) and modify the menu list of the main popup button on
the fly. This eats processor cycles of course, but works pretty well for
the most part.