Image control in a Background

Vaughn Clement vclement at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 10:56:15 EDT 2014

Hi Simon

Very interesting link you included.
The stack is another great reference material that is undocumented. It only
took me about three minutes to understand what he was trying to accomplish
here. I did a version similar to this in FileMaker while back so that I
could do quick searches by a word or phrase to  find answers to my
scripting tasks. I offered it to of the developers not knowing that this
stack was available.
This is the kind of thing that needs to be developed and updated by LC for
all developers. I have an issue with LC in that they want to sell
instruction at pretty high cost when it should be included in the product
documentation. I understand they're trying to use this to raise capital to
keep the business running, but it also doesn't help to retain new users who
struggle to learn live code and to afford the expensive instructional
content offered by LC. The latest example was a summer school. I'm not
saying that this is not good for people that have in less money to spend.
Most new developers simply can't afford to spend hundreds if not thousands
of dollars a year to learn LC.  For example; Apple just released a new
programming language for Xcode swift, and they supplied a 600 page PDF
document defining how to use swift to design ISO apps. In addition to that
they have an online help system that has heaps of technical assistance
available to all users. One caveat about the help is that it does include
developer support for general questions at no cost. They also include many
PDFs and instructional videos. Obviously the user base is a lot larger than
live code, but if you're going to provide a product like live code at a
minimum you need to provide adequate instructional media. Looking at the
how-to forum is clear that there are endless questions by developers but
cannot find the proper instructional media.
Enough preaching most new developers understand by now the shortfall in
instructional media.

I just answered Scott Rossi's email that describes the issue, and some
questions and comments. Please refer to that in this how-to email.

Your comment:
Now you could continue doing it the way you have it setup in your openCard
script and in the mouseUp, just make sure to;
 set the filename of image "imageField1" of this card to  ""  ("" is
shorthand for empty)
Where I mention it in the above post.
Trust me I had your script running with only removing the "then" correcting
the spelling and that line.

 Please clarify why this line is used: set the filename of image
"imageField1" of this card to  ""  ("" is
shorthand for empty)

 Where in the script are you using this to empty the image control. And why
would you empty the image control? Sorry for the novice question, but not
to ask the question doesn't help to get the answer.

Thank you

Vaughn Clement

Apps by Vaughn Clement (Support)
*http://www.appsbyvaughnclement.com/tools/home-page/
<http://www.appsbyvaughnclement.com/tools/home-page/>*
Skype: vaughn.clement
https://secure.join.me/appsbyvclement
FaceTime: vclement at gmail.com
LogMeIn also avaialble
Call on "ooVoo" at address:  vaughnclement or 9282549062
Ph. 928-254-9062