[OT] M. S. Pease

Björnke von Gierke bvg at mac.com
Thu Jun 19 10:57:17 EDT 2014

I am not sure either. It could be that Mark wants to contact a person, possibly called "M.S. Pease" or similar. I could be wrong of course, maybe It's actually about someone else, or not a quest for contact at all? I wonder what it could be about?

Maybe he wants an email, to actually be able to write to the person (or another person) who send him that email. Or he wants to know why he didn't get an email before, and this plea is a way to actually be contacted, ideal via email. On the other hand, maybe he's asking for contact of someone whom he previously had contact, which would mean there's an interruption in communication happening, always a bad thing for someone in the business of communication otherwise known as information technologies.

I wonder if the information that he cannot send is also about communication, especially as Mark has made available a old fashioned communication device. Said device has to be sent physically, so proper contact information is crucial for that, and often Mark has asked for people to contact him so he can be able to send them information in form of a device (it's based on paper and called "book" I believe, but I only got one of said devices so I can't know for sure if other people actually get the same as I did).

Said that, maybe there's a way to send stuff without knowing where the other person currently is, I'm sure that'd be a very nice thing. Ideally it'd be possible to contact people anywhere at any time, just by knowing they exist, I'm sure it'd be a great way to advertise things. For example one could send everyone on the world information that stickers are cool, and then everyone would know it, because everyone was contacted, no matter where they are. I'm sure everyone would like to know that stickers are cool.

I had a short break eating a bread with salami and pickles, and though I'd do a little research, and it seems Mark has done this before! Look here for similar messages! I never would have known without searching! For example:
http://lists.runrev.com/pipermail/use-livecode/2014-June/203000.html
http://lists.runrev.com/pipermail/use-livecode/2014-May/201675.html

I hope Mark will have time to explain the actual meaning of his email himself, so we can be more assured of his intentions.

Cheese
Björnke