Put a stack into a variable?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri Jun 13 17:48:53 EDT 2014

Mark Schonewille wrote:
> How do you "paste" the stack?

If you use the copy command on a stack, the paste command will do the
same as the clone command, duplicating the stack with a name prepended
with "Copy of".

That said, it appears there's a difference in the binary data of a
copied stack and a saved copy of the same stack file.  For starters, LC
6.6.2 saved in the v5 format, but copied stacks have a "2700" header for
the old 2.7 format.  Bug maybe?

But worse, even when I save a stack in the old 2.7 format, the data in
the stack file still differs from the data in the clipboard is a
surprisingly large number of ways, including an apparent replication of
nearly the entire data in the clipboard, and with a different header
than used in the stack file.

So right now, my dream of being able to get a stack's data from RAM to
save to a server without going to disk as an intermediary step is hosed. :(

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems