Learning about server

Mike Bonner bonnmike at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 18:46:02 EDT 2014

Just set up lc community server on mavericks server (fresh install since
previous updates had completely horked things).

For those interested, I had to create the CGI-Executables folder in
/Library/Server/Web/data  and then set proper ownership and permissions on
the folder.  To do the clean install I removed all the old files that were
there, and the CGI folder wasn't re-created with everything else.  Probably
nobody else will have to do this.

Then copied livecode-community-server and its sub folders into the
CGI-Executables folder and set ownership and permissions.

Then edited the /Library/Server/Web/Config/apache2/httpd_server_app.conf
file to add the 2 required lines.
Right under the existing AddHandler line, added AddHandler lc-script .lc
Then right under that added Action lc-script
/cgi-bin/livecode-community-server
Didn't have to change options or anything else, these 2 lines were
sufficient to get it running.

Restarted the web server from the server app and it works.  This should
make lc server active for all websites.

I THINK if you only want for example... the default site to be active, you
can change the file in
/Library/Server/Web/Config/apache2/Sites/0000_any_80_.conf  Haven't tried
it though, and have no virtual hosts set up so. /shrug

If things go as usual, the next server update will toast things and I'll
have to fix it again.