Learning about server

Simon Smith hello at simonsmith.co
Tue Jun 10 17:55:35 EDT 2014

Hi William

It will live quiet happily with php and mysql and should not cause any
problems.

I remember reading (think it was a forum post Richard commented on) where
there was a question re: cgi vs fast cgi (with fast cgi there is only a
single process so it speeds up execution) He mentioned the disadvantages of
running Fast CGI - if there is a problem and the process gets blocked, it
can kill it for everything on the server, where the LiveCode CGI is pretty
small and executes very quickly and should handle a relatively large load.

I am not certain if there are plans to port LiveCode Server to fast cgi.

I have not come across any benchmarks comparing LCServer to the likes of
php - that would be an interesting experiment to see what the capabilities
of it is.

Something I want to look at (not had a chance yet) is to setup a vps
running the hiawatha webserver (hiawatha-webserver.org). It is smaller than
apache and should run faster as its designed for older servers. That
combined with something like maria db instead of mysql should let you get
quiet a bit out of a small server.

Kind regards
Simon