Weird data grid behaviour

zryip theSlug zryip.theslug at gmail.com
Mon Jun 9 04:23:08 EDT 2014

Gerry,

Sorry to be insistent, but having only one card in the datagrid
template substack is not the normal behavior for datagrids. That is
probably your problem when you are trying to edit a template. A new
datagrid = a new template card = a new behavior button.
A thing I doesn't understand: how are you customizing the row template
group in the cd id 1002, as this card only contains the instruction
group?

This is probably a bug. May be the bug I can replicate in the IDE when
my foreign inspector (not the LC inspector, the one I'm building) is
opened. In this case my datagrid has no template and has the
"datagrid" name, instead of "datagrid" + the number of the datagrid in
the card.

What are the names of your datagrids in your old projects?

Now if you may believing I can affirm this is not the right behavior
just by chance, open the msg box, place the cursor onto the tools
palette, then type:
edit script of cd 1 of the mousestack

In the opened script, have a look to the AddDataGridToStack and
CreateTemplateForControl handlers.

Best,

On Mon, Jun 9, 2014 at 2:48 AM, Gerry Orkin <gerry.orkin at gmail.com> wrote:
> theSlug wrote:
>
>> 1 to 6: This is the normal behavior for all the datagrids:
>
> So weird. I've been using datagrids for a few years and never noticed this...in fact i've just looked at a couple of old projects and the datagrid template stacks only have 1 card in them...id 1002.
>
>> - You have placed the new objects outside the row template group (i.e.
>> in the card). Edit the template group and place your controls inside
>> it.
>
> Nope that wasn't it and nor was it the absence of data. Weird, but making a new datagrid seems to have fixed it.
>

> Gerry

Zryip TheSlug
http://www.aslugontheroad.com