Copy of RevError Report

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sun Jun 8 20:54:26 EDT 2014

Mike Kerner write:

> I have a faceless application that, when it opens, is throwing up a blank
> dialog with an ok button.  The title of the dialog it is throwing up is
> "Copy of RevError Report".
>
> Any clues what might be triggering this?

Somehow it seems the Error dialog was copied into your stack file,
perhaps at build time.  Double-check the original stack file and
rebuild, though it may also be an indication of some other error in the
script, so expect that even when you get rid of the dialog you'll see
error info output to console (though you'll want to use the very latest
version for that - some earlier builds had a bug which prevented console
output on Windows).

But even weirder is that it's able to display a dialog at all -
normally, running facelessly is done by passing -ui on the command line,
which is so much more efficient because it never initializes any GUI
components.  But if you were running facelessly, it shouldn't be
possible for the engine to present any window at all.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World