revDataFromQuery : size limit of mySQL query ?

Peter Haworth pete at lcsql.com
Sat Jun 7 12:52:24 EDT 2014

Thanks jbv.  Can't think of any better ways to do it so I guess just hope
there isn't a size limitation.

If you do run into a size limitation, another possibility might be to use a
temporary table to hold the names to be excluded then use a SELECT
something like:

SELECT name FROM Names LEFT JOIN tempnames ON tempnames.name=Names.name
WHERE tempnames.name IS NULL

But that would entail adding rows to the temp table and the processing time
that goes along with that.

Pete
lcSQL Software <http://www.lcsql.com>