Memory and CPU Usage Script

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sat Jun 7 00:16:26 EDT 2014

Mark Wieder wrote:

 > Richard-
 >
 > Friday, June 6, 2014, 8:25:19 PM, you wrote:
 >
 >> OS X ships with some surprisingly old stuff
 >
 > homebrew

Homebrew is a great solution for people like you and me, but for most
Mac customers Apple hasn't been forthcoming about how outdated and
vulnerable many system components are, any more than they've let the 19%
of Mac users still depending on Snow Leopard know that they're not
getting any more critical security updates at all.

For a company whose marketing message frequently devolves into random
jabs against other systems' security (often unfounded), I'm surprised
Cook has let the situation with their own products continue in this
cavalier way so long.  I had always seen Cook as the cool-headed
long-term thinker....

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems