RELEASE LiveCode 6.6.2
ben at runrev.com
Fri Jun 6 12:35:44 EDT 2014
Dear LiveCode users.
LiveCode 6.6.2 is now available. This is a stable release.
This is a maintenance release which contains fixes to the 6.6.x series only.
- 12443 - import snapshot crashes LiveCode
- 12434 - iOS device builds rejected from app store due to XCode version
- 12418 - Mail attachment from app file fails
- 12414 - Setting usePixelScaling causes infinite window reopening loop
- 12408 - Encryption commands do not work for iOS device builds
- 12382 - Normal resizeQuality is slow
- 12365 - After "putting" return into a Field, a visible residue is left
from the cursor
- 12350 - The fontStyles is incorrect on iOS
- 12341 - Fix vGrid rendering for non-fixed-width table field mode.
- 12319 - Drag and drop going wrong when Display switched to 150%
- 12294 - Crash and flaky behavior at certain points.
- 12286 - Maximizing a window where only the title-bar is on-screen
causes a crash on Mac.
- 12265 - Rounded rects are drawn incorrectly when using the image
editing tools with a linesize 1
- 12239 - Magnification window shows corrupted image.
- 12237 - Attempt to attach to the launching console on Windows (if any)
- 12236 - Dropdown menus are clipped on Windows when text scale > 100%
- 12235 - Tooltips clipped on Windows when text scaling > 100%
- 12227 - When Windows screen display is set to 125% popups sometimes
- 12223 - Windows backdrop doesn't cover the full desktop area when
displayed on a high-dpi screen.
- 12210 - revBrowserSnapshot not working on Windows with IE9+
- 12206 - Buttons of menu type can't be inspected if first created object
- 12200 - Some filesystem entries in the root of a volume on Mac report
as files when they are really folders.
- 12185 - Standalone engine crashes when -ui specified on Linux.
- 12183 - Clicking in the scrollbar well doesn't work if the click is
- 12182 - 'the pageRanges' doesn't work on fields with more than 64K
- 12175 - Setting the usePixelScaling property doesn't update all
windows on Mac.
- 12173 - Styling does not work for certain iOS fonts
- 12170 - Non-existant command line parameter variables ($) behave
strangely with split.
- 12146 - setting tabstops to 2 equal numbers and then turning vGrid on
- 12125 - put the executionContexts crashes LiveCode server
- 12107 - exit causes liveCode server to crash
- 12105 - LiveCode server crashed if you call paramCount()
- 12101 - Graphics missing from imported Hypercard stack
- 12099 - On awakening Android device from sleep, part of app is blacked
- 12088 - The script editor doesn't scroll horizontally as text is
- 12058 - The backdrop on Windows is always black
- 12044 - Opaque groups do not completely draw their backgrounds when
acceleratedRendering is enabled
- 12037 - Slow-down in setting contents of fields on Windows since 6.1.3.
- 12027 - On Retina Mac\'s scrollbars with small thumbs render smaller
than they should.
- 12020 - Caret is too thin on Retina displays.
- 12010 - Windows engine hangs after multiple stack redraws.
- 12008 - import screen snapshot on iOS creates image of incorrect size.
- 12006 - HTTP (HTML) URLs encoded with anything other than a native
character set are returned incorrectly
- 11975 - "import snapshot from rect ..." only imports part of the
screen on Windows
- 11964 - Spacing is incorrect for Windows scaled text
- 11933 - effective textColor returns empty value for styled text
- 11920 - Memory leak in bitmap effects with spread of non-zero radius
(e.g. spread 100%, radius 1; spread 50%, radius 2).
- 11904 - Italic characters with underhand are clipped on windows
- 11895 - mobileComposeMail missing attachment in Android (Android Mail)
- 11884 - Stoked graphics clipped when printed
- 11860 - uuid and randomBytes functions don't work on iOS when
Encryption support is not included
- 11748 - Crash when putting an empty string into an XML node using
- 11708 - Android apps only partially drawn after rotating device during
- 11690 - Once large scripts start scrolling the script editor, it won't
stop for a long time on Windows.
- 11689 - ResizeControl is not sent when resizing images
- 11662 - Round buttons are drawn incorrectly
- 11603 - Backdrop not displayed on Linux
- 11370 - Anti-aliasing inconsistent for 1 pixel lines and curves
- 11072 - magnify and edit image crashes LC
- 8041 - Only allow interaction with scrollbars on groups in browse mode.
- 6400 - On Mac, a tab button with a single item does not draw correctly.
- 2627 - The machine() function returns "unknown" under Mac OSX
*Getting this release*
To upgrade to this release please select "check for updates" from the help
menu in LiveCode or download the installers directly at:
There is still a performance drop in the 6.6.x series compared to the 6.5.x
series due to the new support for high resolution displays. Work is
currently ongoing to resolve this in the 6.7 release.
We will shortly be releasing an RC1 of LiveCode 6.6.3 which contains 12
fixes that were deemed not suitable for the latter stages of the 6.6.2
The LiveCode team.
More information about the use-livecode